Are you looking for increased web traffic from search engines then you are here at right page as this post will make you find some of the most important parameters to consider for evaluating the quality of a website.
Before we start with the website analysis methods, first let us learn why it is crucial to have a good-quality website.
Why one should have a superior website?
A top quality website helps online business to attain good ranking in search engine results. Apart from this, it also attracts huge volume of genuine visitors that increases the profitability as well as business goodwill.
Now let us have a glance at some of the best website analysis methods that you must know in this epoch.
1.Ease of Accessibility
This is certainly one of the most important parameters that is known for measuring the quality of a website. It plays an important responsibility of ensuring that the traffic directed to the website results in better conversions. This can be defined by finding out how easily the users can access the website. Whenever you want to evaluate the efficiency of this parameter in your website design, you must answer following questions.
- Is your website compatible with different browsers? If your website lacks the compatibility with the browsers then it is not easy to access.
- Is your website working efficiently with devices of various sizes and screen resolutions?
- Is your website capable of supporting features, which make it easy to use for a global audience?
- Does your website get loaded on time as large website takes lots of time? The ease of accessibility also includes minimal loading time in case of large websites.
- Is your website compatible with the speed and bandwidth in different locations?
- Is your website ensuring the right order while downloading the text and images
2.Quality of Content and Images
Very often, you must have heard that content is king. But many of us forget this important strategy and focus more on the quality of website design, which is wrong. You must sincerely pay attention to the type of content and images being displayed on the website. If the quality of images and content is poor then the users are really displeased. Hence, you must verify your website in regard with this parameter by simply asking following questions to yourself.
- Know, whether the content of your website is grammatically correct or not. Is the content offering the essential information accurately?
- Ask whether the colors used in the images are pleasantly and reasonably related?
- Are your images of product and services high-quality and of consistent size?
- Are the content’s style and font appropriate?
- Is the content broken down into small paragraphs? This ensures ease of reading.
- Have you included links in your content that takes you to other pages of products or services?
- Is your content updated and the information provided in the website is authentic?
- Is your content free from plagiarism?
3.Quality of Visual Content
Whether it is a website or anything else, aesthetics matter a lot. These days, it is believed that all visitors judge your website on the basis of visual content. Hence, visual content analysis of your website is very important. It is the process of obtaining the meaningful descriptors for image as well as video data. Following is the checklist of questions that you need to ask yourself to analyze the visual content;
- Are you conveying the accurate message with the help of visual content?
- Does your visual content take lot of time to upload?
- Is the visual content high in quality?
4.Evaluate Spaces and Design
The visual uniqueness of websites’ design attracts the users and allows them to stay for longer time. Hence, this is another significant parameter that must be evaluated in order to check the quality of your website. Check your website on the basis of following points.
- Is your website innovative and emotionally appealing?
- Is your website having proper text color and background color?
- Does your website have appropriate size of images and videos?
- Is your website embracing the appropriate style that suits your target audience?
- Is your website’s design giving orderly feel?
- Does your website’s style line up with your brand in terms of colors, feel as well as graphics?
- Does your website have consistent style throughout the pages?
5.Search Engine Optimization
This is chief element of analyzing a website, which many of you ignore. Both the Search Engine Optimization and social networking need to start with a strong web design. To ensure optimized website design, you must have answer of following questions;
- Is your website optimized for search engines as it should be?
- Is your index page attracting the visitors more into the site or shopping cart?
- Are the pages accessible at least by a single plain HTML Link?
- Are the website’s images optimized with ALT tags?
- Are the relevant keywords inserted in title tags, Meta descriptions, heading tags, etc.?
- Is there site map?
- Are the pages having sufficient text in the content?
- Is individual page accessible by a single URL?
Sum it up
By simply asking these questions to yourself, you can check the quality of your design and make it productive accordingly. You must ensure that your website design define your company or business well. On the basis of points mentioned above, you need to evaluate your website by yourself and create the website informative as well as effectual. Put in efforts to redesign your website in order to improve the quality of a site and make it more eye-catching.